Saturday, February 7, 2009

hey lots cross the sea and get some culture

Van is here sleeping. A quarter to 6. Minus the Bear. I'm not tired at all. I want to start drawing more, reading some of Lindsey's books, finish some of my own, get all my music on my ipod from my old computer downloaded on this one so I can sinc my new stuff and start finding new bands and old favorites, get going in photography, and find some good indie films to watch.

Don't know my plans for college. SCAD would be nice and the atmosphere in Savannah is pretty good but its so expensive. With a couple years at USCB to get my gen ed and then transferring somewhere more respectable, I'd have more money through scholarships and shortcuts than I'd need..to handle living finaces and things like that. It'd be nice though to go to an art school studying film with all the knowledge and interest I have in it.

Looking at the course catalog at school I realized how many classes I would have had fun with learning, but I didn't really take advantage up until now because it just didn't matter to me before. Regardless, here's what I picked out for next year:

Core classes:
English IV (AP if I bring my grade up)
Earth Science or Physics Honors
US Gov & Econ AP
Algebra III/Trig

Electives:
Coop
Coop
French III Honors
Photo IV Studio Art AP

I know I'm contradicting myself by taking coop but some of those classes require lots of effort and spending extra time out of my day so I need to have less to focus on.

Looking forward to getting out of school this year. It's my last summer as a rising high school student... my last break to be more carefree and have less to worry about than my years to follow. I'm hoping to help Van with kayaking and make a shit load of money. My mom and her boyfriend might come down since I'm not heading to Iowa for the first time, and my siblings will definitely be here again for a week or two. Last year when they came in June was fun. I know what it's like to see this place for the first time...a lot different than Iowa. I've just had a lot of time to adjust, living here for over three years. Anyway, they're my favorite people in the world and I'm hoping they come to see me.

Lindsey's tomorrow :) Sorry this is more of me blabbering. A lot of my blogs are more like short journals and I know that that's less interesting than writing to talk about your views on something or whatever other reason. Next time I'll write for some other purpose.

No comments: